Friday, July 13, 2012

Not being to up on myself

dixie diesel cover hedderhazzardayre Dixie Diesel Nyte Cyde Hedder

So there I was just getting off the air previous night and one of my faithful gas haulers calls into Dixie Diesel HQ and starts ratchet-jawing about how I am constantly yammering about this new talent find. Like she’s a long lost or just found romantic excursion or something. Let me clear this up right here and now. It wouldn’t really matter if it was Bry or anyone else. If just one gal of legal or almost there gal took this gig of Miss Hazzard County , or Miss Dixie Diesel gig seriously, and carried it out here in Idaho. At least if nothing else I could save face as they call it, by really having someone, anyone in Idaho do it. Especially with her being in and going to school in the area where the club was created.

While I’m sure that Bry probably have no idea that I am part, of the reason that Hagerman is nick named Hazzard because of me, and ye ole General. That the big house on the hill with the shop next to it, between the state and Federal fish hatcheries was our house. And that, that shop was where the very , and I mean , very first General Lee was built. I’m sure Bry and/or her parents have no idea of the history that is there in that valley, and yet she could easily become part of that history.

However teasing someone online on a FaceBook page is one thing, driving over to the house here to have a sit down pow wow is another.

Does that mean that right now she’s going to see a mammoth studio with big control consoles and all? , the answer is no. She will see a little itty bitty one, and a few odds and ends. Why, because the studio place we had in mind was supposedly sold. The gear bought for same is in storage, and much more will need be done, before I get all moist about getting all that gear out. Right now, if Bry and a few pan out fine. If  not, the gear and I will be loaded on the truck, and headed to Boise, and/or American Falls. That simple, and I’ll forget a lot of stuff I had in mind here.

But that’s a story for another entry.

Right now yes I’m as tickled as can be over Bryanna, however, if and when she shows up, and goes through the interview, and I know I can trust her, after all no reason to introduce her to the club , if all she’s going to do is leave. More over I want to hear what she sounds like reading copy. I want to see if she’s willing to train. If so yee haw. If not it’ll be a very short meeting.

Hey I love our Nurse GoodBody, and all she did for me. However it took a few weeks b4 I got her to start reading air copy. On air. Something about doing that intimidates people.

Boss Hogg said it once, Some got it, some don’t.

I had it at age 7 , Mom and Dad came up, to Jerome to look into property we as a family were buying. I was tooling around on my bicycle. I went into Al Lee’ KART AM 1400 to get directions as I lost where the trailer park was that we parked the RV. While waiting saw the control board, not of KART but KFMA that many know as Z103. I just had to play with that thing. I did, Ron Thorne the head sales exec there and Al heard me, they talked to Dad, and once after several years later moving to Hazzard, came over, got a weekend gig as long as I kept my grades up, doing a thing called Saturday Night Dance Party on that station. That was how it started. I had to be on air, on radio. I didn’t care how, but that was for me. I loved it. So I started reading newspapers and ads in Readers Digest and such out loud so I could read it on air. But I loved it.

In late 1992 in Rupert Idaho, in what was not much more than a broom closet at 610 Oneida at our go fast Performance Diesel Shop, called the Dixie Diesel Shop. I out of shits and giggles put an ad in this little farm paper called Farm Times. About two lines worth. A gal named Robin came in, interviewed and within two weeks we were creating record breaking edgy radio in that closet. Robin did what I asked, when I asked, how I asked. Her and I were so in tune, that even late night if we were not in the studio and at our respective homes, her with her guy, me home with Monkee, we’d both get an idea for a gag, or copy or a bit, and call each other. It was nothing to find us at the studio, at 03:30 hours, working on things, her in her jammies and me in my , well whatever ya’ll want to call em. Looking back, if I’d have been smart and I hear she has said similar, if I had dumped Monkee, and all that baggage and hooked up with Robin on a personal thread, life would have been so much different. Hell I’d be at minimum $200,000.00 . As for Robin, she’s doing good, she got hooked up with a damn good agency in Hollywood, makes millions per picture, and/or ad.

But I can say , in a way, I built that. But that is of just a few success stories. It happened then. But the question is, can it happen now? Only Bry and all will tell. If Bry shows up soon, sits down, we rap for a bit, shoot next month, and Git-R-Done, then I train her at the Buhl studio over the winter, ya’ll might hear a groovy voice ya’ll ain’t heard. If she don’t take a leap of faith, drive over here to Burley and we don’t do a pre interview, then few in the Magic Valley of Idaho will ever hear Dixie Diesel Radio, since I’ll just move it to Utah and two studios in Idaho, one in Boise and one in American Falls. Why those locations? That in one of my next entries.

L8R Ya’ll

my sig[2]SHOW HEADER


Quote of the Day:
Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.
--Wilson Mizner
Philippians 2:9-11“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
hazzardayre tail ASS KICKER TAG 1